Touring Nebraska and Iowa September 21 through October 27
Directed by Ezra Colón, the fully staged 75-minute production will tour more than 30 middle schools, high schools and communities, including many underserved communities where a professional production of Shakespeare’s plays is not regularly made available.
Workshops, including acting, language, movement, and theatrical design and technology, are being made available to students who would like an opportunity to work directly with Nebraska Shakespeare’s professional teaching ensemble. Audiences will also participate in interactive discussions following each performance.
The following public performances of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” are being held.
- Creighton University (Lied Performing Arts), Omaha NE | Saturday, September 22, 7 PM – Free to the public
- Golden Husk Theatre, Ord, NE | Saturday, September 29, 7:30 PM – $15 for adults, $8 for students
- Fontenelle Forest, Omaha, NE | Saturday, October 6 – Free to members, with admission to non-members
- Lauritzen Gardens, Omaha NE | Tuesday, October 16, 6 PM – Free to members
- Valentine, NE (at Valentine High School) | Sunday, October 21, 6 PM – Free to the public
- Ainsworth High School, Ainsworth NE | Tuesday, October 23, 7 PM – Free-will donations accepted
Touring performance study guides are available for teachers and include activities and additional area for study. Please contact Sarah Brown for bookings and questions at 402.689.7614 or by email at email@example.com, or visit www.nebraskashakespeare.com.
For photos, full media kit, and a full list of Shakespeare On Tour productions, please contact Wesley Houston, Director of Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.nebraskashakespeare.com.
The National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest presents “Shakespeare in American Communities”. Nebraska Shakespeare is one of 40 professional theater companies selected to participate in bringing the finest productions of Shakespeare to middle- and high-school students in communities across the United States.
The following schools are among those to be reached by the 2018 season of “Shakespeare On Tour”.
- Alice Buffet Middle School, Omaha, NE
- Bellevue West High School, Bellevue, NE
- Clarinda High School, Clarinda, IA (NEW)
- Cozad High School, Cozad, NE
- Garden County Jr./Sr. High, Oshkosh, NE
- Lexington High School, Lexington, NE
- Lexington Middle School, Lexington, NE
- Lincoln Bryan High School, Lincoln, NE
- Lincoln High School, Lincoln, NE
- Lincoln North Star High School, Lincoln, NE
- Lincoln Northeast High School, Lincoln, NE
- Lincoln Science Focus Program, Lincoln, NE
- Lincoln Southeast, Lincoln, NE
- Lincoln Southwest, Lincoln, NE
- Morton Middle School, Omaha, NE
- Mount Michael Academy, Elkhorn, NE
- Omaha Benson High School, Omaha, NE
- Omaha Burke High School, Omaha, NE
- Omaha Central High School, Omaha, NE
- Omaha Northwest High School, Omaha, NE
- Omaha South High School, Omaha, NE
- Ralston High School, Ralston, NE
- Rock County High School, Bassett, NE
- Valentine High School, Valentine, NE
- Wahoo High School, Wahoo, NE
Scenes from the Shakespeare On Tour production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" will be featured at Nebraska Shakespeare's fundraiser gala, "A Wild Thyme in the Garden on September 27, 2018.
For more information about Shakespeare On Tour or the gala, visit www.nebraskashakespeare.com.